Friday, June 12, 2009

The "So Easy" Way To Detox




When I lost 20 lbs and 4 inches off my waistline over a 5-month period, it wasn't solely because of drinking wheatgrass daily, eating properly and going to the gym twice a week. I also did a detox program, which I want to share with you today.

Detox can be done in a variety of ways. If you have the time and the money, you can enroll yourself in one of the health and wellness spas in the country, like San Benito Farm in Batangas (Email: info@thefarm.com.ph Tel: +63 2 884 8073 / 74 / 75). Or, if you want to prepare your own diet, there's an excellent 8-week plan from Dr. Cabot in her best-selling book called The Liver Cleansing Diet. It's a very good book that I highly recommend. Another book which I encourage you to read is called Detox, by Rosalyn Patrick.

If you are a busy professional like me with a modest budget and don't want the hassle of having to prepare your own diet and have only 3 days to detoxify, then the So Easy Cleansing program is for you. You can do this at home, which I advise you to do since you need to have ready access to the rest room.


But why detox in the first place?


Over the years of eating acid foods, our colon is not able to properly expel these waste materials. This build up of mucous, dead cells, and impacted waste covers the inner lining of the colon which over time if not removed will eventually cause auto-intoxication. This has been researched by Dr. Bernard Jensen, DC, ND, Ph.D. in his book Tissue Cleansing Through Bowel Management. No wonder why most diseases like cancer start from the colon!

There are ways to remove this mucoid plaque. One is through Colon Hydrotherapy, which is a medical procedure involving the safe and gentle infusion of around 95 to 130 liters of water into the colon via the rectum. Another is by going through a home-based detox program which I did.


Going through the So Easy Cleansing program first involves fasting 2 days before. This means reducing your food intake by 50% on the first day and 75% on the second before the actual start of the detox. You also need to prepare yourself mentally for this, as it will not be a walk in the park.


The detox program follows the schedule below:



All ingredients of this detox package are all-natural, so you can be sure it is safe for your body.

One of my tips during the detox phase is to do abdominal massages, you can do this by yourself, just make circling motions with your hands on your abdomen, to assist the flow of mucoid plaque out of your colon. It is also very important to drink lots of water. You shouldn't feel hungry during this time, as the detox program contains complete nutrients. However, if you do feel the need to eat, it is largely psychological in nature. Instead of eating, just drink water and remember your ultimate goal - to be healthy! Discipline is key.

On my second day of detox, that's when I began to release mucoid plaque. I went to the rest room 7 times in 2days, and you can be sure it is mucoid plaque by the way it looks (like the shape of your colon) and the way it feels (rubbery, which I didn't touch btw - you can use a barbeque stick like I did). For those who want to see how mucoid plaque looks like, here are some pictures from the Internet:




I lost between 3 to 4 lbs during my 3-day detox. My abdomen also became "soft" and I felt lighter. In fact, in the weeks that followed my body began to search for different kinds of food. I used to be a chocoholic before, but after detox, my craving for chocolates disappeared. I still enjoy eating it though, but now it is more controlled as I don't have to give in to this craving after every meal. I also began to look for more greens and fish, which in turn resulted to me losing more weight. Call it a psychological effect, but in my opinion, it is more than that. I guess after you've seen all these junk released from your body, you will be more careful in what you eat.

After the 3rd day of detox, you have to break in your body before resuming your normal eating habits (which hopefully will change like what happened to me). The 1st day after detox, you need to do a liquid diet - fresh fruits and vegetable shakes. On the 2nd day, you may now eat solid foods, but limit to vegetables and fruits only. On the 3rd day, you may add fish to your diet. On the 4th day, you can resume your normal diet.

I really hope this information will help you to become more healthy. I did this and I know it works for me. May it be the same for you.


To Good Health,


Wheatgrass Man

P.S. We should detox at least once a year ...




















No comments: